What New Construction Industry Tech is on the Horizon?
Continual advances in construction industry technology can make your firm more agile, more capable, and more profitable. Yet, monitoring the products and solutions in the marketplace (never mind selection and implementation) can be almost a full-time job.
Even if you don’t know the ins and outs of every product on the market, it makes sense to familiarize yourself with industry trends so when new tech advances offer significant opportunities for your business, you’re ready to take advantage.
Here are a few:
- Mobile technology and remote data access. Cloud data storage now makes it possible for managers to remotely access all types of data including project files from virtually anywhere. It also makes cybersecurity an even more critical concern.
- Digital data and automation. Not only is data digitization an obvious prerequisite for remote access, it is also a requirement for most other technological advances including robotic process automation for financial and administrative tasks. Fortunately, optical character recognition technology that converts paper files into digital data is now readily available.
- Building information modeling (BIM). Although architects have used BIM technology for more than 20 years, its widespread use in construction is a more recent trend. BIM collaboration software helps project teams coordinate their functions and work together more efficiently while also providing long-term value to project owners.
- Jobsite technology. Drones, geofencing, and other satellite-connected tools are becoming increasingly common on work sites, enabling improvements in both efficiency and worker safety.
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning. New technology will give you advice and insight into all elements of your business, from estimating to sourcing materials to connecting with potential clients.
The construction industry experts at Dembo Jones can help you identify the parts of your business that would most benefit from technology upgrades as well as help you plan for and adopt new systems. Contact us today.