The competitive, seasonal nature of the hospitality industry can make for a challenging environment for sustained profitability as well as for managing the myriad of taxes and government regulations.
At Dembo Jones, we develop a complete understanding of how your business operates and then work with you to build a realistic financial plan with the budgets, forecasts, and internal controls to prioritize consistent cash flow and maximize future opportunities. This can include monitoring food, beverage, and labor costs, as well as margin analysis and theft-prevention measures.
Hospitality businesses employ a wide variety of staff, often with high turnover. Dembo Jones has the expertise to navigate the taxation issues surrounding worker classification, tip reporting, and social security credits to minimize your tax liability. We also assist clients with gift card reporting and securing liquor licenses.
Our services for the hospitality industry include:
- Entity structure and formation
- Managing banking and borrowing relationships, including SBA loans
- Account setup for operation analysis
- Gift card reporting
- Sales and use tax issues, including amusement taxes
- Monitoring costs and margins
- Tip reporting and social security credits, including worker classification assistance
- Leasehold analysis and tax studies
- Unclaimed property management
- Assistance with annual liquor board letters
Our hospitality clients include:
- Bars and nightclubs
- Banquet halls
- Specialty inns and resorts
North Bethesda, MD 20852
Columbia, MD 21045
Copyright© 2023 Dembo Jones, PC.
All Rights Reserved.
Maryland Permit #32691