At Dembo Jones, our professionals are qualified experts in the fields of accounting, business valuation, forensic accounting, assessment of damages and taxation. In addition, our team members have real-world experience in our accounting, tax and consulting practices. Through this experience, we can provide practice-proven opinions and solutions for the complex challenges facing your company or individual situation.
Our valuation experts are members of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)
- Our team of litigation support experts understands the nuances of presenting testimony and easy-to-understand analysis; one is Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) and another is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Our collaborative experts serve as financial neutrals in collaborative divorce and assist with budgets, presentation of assets, tax planning and financial consultation
Our comprehensive services include:
- Working with clients to determine the level of services needed and performing only those required for the engagement, while remaining compliant with standards
- Asset tracing, business valuation, tax planning, breach of contract and damages calculations, buy-sell agreement consultation, misappropriation of funds and accounting malpractice claims calculations
Providing expert testimony (having qualified in the following jurisdictions)
- Circuit Court of Maryland – Anne Arundel, Howard, Baltimore, Talbot and Montgomery Counties
- Circuit Court of Virginia – Fairfax County
- Superior Court of the District of Columbia
- Los Angeles County
All of our business valuation professionals hold the Certified Valuation Analyst designation issued by the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA), a leading professional association supporting the business valuation and litigation community. Through our NACVA memberships, we have access to a wide range of support services, the latest available software, reference material, and customized databases. These resources provide the most up-to-date information in the valuation industry, and provide our clients with the security of engaging a credentialed professional.
John Garrison also holds the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) credential.This additional valuation credential is issued by the AICPA.
Chip Mathieson holds the Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) designation, also issued by the AICPA. The CFF encompasses fundamental and specialized forensic accounting skills that CPA practitioners apply in a variety of service areas, including: bankruptcy and insolvency; computer forensic analysis; family law; valuations; fraud prevention, detection, and response; financial statement misrepresentation; and economic damages calculations.
The ABV and CFF credentials provide access to the Forensic and Valuation Services Section of the AICPA, with additional resources and support.
In addition, through our firm’s membership in Allinial Global, we have connections with industry and service area experts in approximately 90 other accounting firms in North America and access to additional industry-specific economic and financial benchmarking data.
You get local experts with the resources associated with much larger firms.